In a recent Tnooz webinar, experts in the travel industry examined what travelers are really looking for in technology. Here are a few of the highlights:
- Flexibility – technology should be available when, where, and how the traveler wants
- Consistency – from laptop to tablet to mobile, guests’ technology experience should be uniform, but optimized per device
- Mobility – whether it’s an app or a mobile-optimized website, guests want useful & easy-to-use features
- Speed – travelers want instant and relevant results that don’t flood the traveler with information,
- Personalization– most guests would like past buying behaviors and preferences applied to future transactions
- User-friendliness – whether it is user interface, speed, or customer service, everyone expects and appreciates a great and thoughtful service
Even with all the technology available some experiences remain manual and offline. For example, more than 30% of travelers search for things to do using a brochure from the hotel. Only 5% of those activities can be booked online - others have to be booked via phone or in-person. These findings show that there’s still a huge opportunity to improve guest experience with technology.
How can you improve your guest experience with technology?