In the recent Choice Hotels International “Road Warrior Survey” conducted by research company, Newlio, over 500 US business travelers who took trips between March 2013 and February 2014 were surveyed to reveal several interesting trends:
- Location: 73% of business travelers value location in selection of their hotel.
- Room: 61% booked based upon perceived room value.
- Free Wi-Fi: 55% book based upon hotels offering free Internet access.
Other tech-related hotel trends also surfaced:
- In-room Internet access: 84% of guests preferred to work from their room, while only 10% preferred working in the hotel business center, and 4% preferred working in the hotel lobby.
- Online reservations: 76% of guests booked their reservations online.
- Mobile: 60% have used a smartphone or tablet to check-in.
- Express check-in/out: 59% count on express check-in and out.
With over 80% of business travelers working from their hotel, it is important to provide amenities and services that allow for both comfort and productivity. Factors like location and free Wi-Fi continue to be top crucial amenities across industry segments.
Read more in the recent Washington Street Journal article.
What are your must-have amenities?