In the Forrester Report, 94% of respondents cited lack of decent Wi-Fi as a deal breaker when booking. Internet connections can cost properties in more ways too. Here are 6 ways poor Wi-Fi could be losing you revenue:
- Lost Bookings – online reviews that show complaints about your Internet service will drive potential guests to another property.
- Decline in Conference Business – corporate events look elsewhere if they find your Internet connection doesn’t meet their needs.
- Refunds – guests complain and demand refunds when Internet fees and upgrades don’t deliver.
- Decreased Loyalty – even guests that don’t complain likely won’t return because Wi-Fi certainly weighs heavily on guests’ overall experience.
- Misplaced Manpower – Internet issues cost staff excess effort and time, when they could (and should) be focusing on your guests.
- Missed Additional Revenue – the ability to keep guests on property with Wi-Fi can bring in added revenue through your restaurant, spa, etc.
Fortunately, there is some good news! Benefits of good Wi-Fi can have a seriously positive (and measurable) impact on your business. According to this article, services such as tiered bandwidth that include upgrades for streaming have created up to
$1 million per year in additional revenues.
Check out this awesome infographic for a colorful insight into the staggering statistics of hotel Wi-Fi.
Have you optimized guest Wi-Fi on your property?