Not surprisingly, mobile was a hot topic at the National Retail Federation’s 2013 BIG Show. Reported by Hospitality Technology in a recent article, here are some of the strong players from the mobile market:
- Isis Mobile Wallet originally piloted in Austin and Salt Lake City, they are now expanding to more locations where consumers can pay and redeem offers via mobile phone
- NCR Corporation and PayPal, Inc. came together to promote mobile payment
- VeriFone Systems, Inc. showed mobile payment and cloud services
- Benbria’s BlazeLoop is a mobile customer engagement solution that increases in-store sales by capturing and acting upon customer input
- Epson America, Inc. introduced OmniLink, which delivers mobile printing, cloud services, and PC computing power for POS platforms
- MokiMobility released MokiManage2013, which offers a turnkey solution for iPad kiosks
- Revel Systems provides iPad POS with EMV compatibility and potential PCI compliance
- Ingenico is teaming with Microsoft to deliver secure payments
We expect to see these names a lot over the next few years as the trend towards mobile (payments in particular) becomes more integrated in the hospitality industry.
What are you doing to prepare your hotel for mobile payments?
Learn more about mobile:
- What Does Mobile Mean to Your Business?
- Is Your Hotel Mobile-Friendly?
- The Future of Hotel Technology: Mobile POS
- The Future of Hotel Technology: Mobile Apps
Stay tuned as we cover articles on building your mobile strategy this week and next!