In this recent Hospitality Net article Calum McIndoe writes in detail about 6 trends that are revolutionizing hotels, which we summarize here:
- The Cloud: software as a service is definitely helping unload a lot of unnecessary physical hardware and file storage.
- Mobile: smart phones are changing the way we interact with our environment and the travel industry is seeing huge impacts here.
- Social Media: as the new instantaneous review system and carrier of word-of-mouth recommendations, social media cannot be ignored.
- Personalization: it is easier than ever to customize the guest experiences with location-based technology, social media, etc.
- Integration: new advancements in software allows properties to combine operating systems, meaning better reporting and fewer operating costs.
- Globalization: the ability to adapt to other cultures quickly and efficiently is surely a competitive advantage as more brands expand internationally.
Click here to read the complete article.
Which of the above have you taken advantage of so far? What’s next?