At the Skift Global Forum, Chip Conley (Head of Global Hospitality and Strategy at Airbnb) spoke about the future of the boutique guest experience. Chip has 27 years of experience as an innovator in the hospitality industry and has handled the creation and management of 52 boutique hotels.
With that much experience comes a plethora of wisdom. Here are the top 7 tips to help you keep up with the changing boutique guest experience:
- Adopt the boutique motto: live like a local, design to be unique, turn strangers into friends
- Provide a highly-connected, digital experience from start to finish
- Be yourself - you aren’t meant to be Marriott or Hilton, so don’t try to compete with them
- Build a relationship with the community
- Include the baby boomers; they want to be challenged to keep up
- Adapt now - eventually trends will become normalized so stay ahead of the curve