Two years ago Starwood reported 3-5% of hotel website traffic came from mobile devices. Now the mobile traffic contributes to 20% of traffic and revenue. Times have changed and so should you.
- Travel queries via mobile have jumped 8% in the last year.
- An estimated 36 million Americans use smartphones to research and plan their travel.
- Almost half of all travel searches on a mobile device result in a purchase.
When building your mobile strategy and website, consider the tips below.
1. Design to work on the most popular mobile devices and browsers.
2. Add aesthetic elements, but keep speed in mind – images are data heavy.
3. Make it simple to complete and change reservations via mobile.
4. Make the most of the mobile revolution with easy navigation and apps.
5. Be social savvy; most of your users are sharing while on the go.
6. Make it easy to find deals and promotions via mobile sites and apps.
We’ve collected these recommendations based on these published articles:
- Hotel News Now’s Mobile Rates: Should They be Discounted
- 4Hoteliers.com’s Critical Mobile Optimization Tactics Every Hotelier Should Know
- VFM Leonardo’s hotelier guide
More on mobile strategy:
- Making a Guest-Facing Mobile Strategy in 9 Steps
- 5 Building Blocks for a Mobile Strategy
- 5 Tips to Improve Your Online Guest Experience
How are you adapting to mobile on your property?